Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Frozen Chosen

So I am up to about 2 months in the arctic tundra and things are definitely not heating up.  All the locals swear that summer is literally right around the corner and that I will never want to leave AK after experiencing the intense 24 hour days of summer bliss, but I am starting to get skeptical.  Every morning I am woken up to the chiming bells of my alarm clock, I hope that when I look at my iPhone, the temperature will be out of the negative, because then at least by the afternoon it will feel semi-warm (balmy 16 degrees anyone) but alas, this is not the case- it's -11, -15, or some really hard mornings, -22.  I normally let out an exasperated sigh and slowly roll out of bed to hit the showers and start my day- bundled up of course!

But other than living in a wintry wonderland things are slowly starting to pick up here.  My youth program has had at least 10 participants every day and I am busy working this week on recruiting more.  I have been charged with the task of making a shuttle to Access Alaska more entertaining so I am think of throwing a bus party or a "do whatever you don't do on a normal school bus" event.  Definitely still working out the kinks in that one but hopefully I will have some fun and entertaining stories to report next time I blog about this process.


In the mean time I hope everyone is enjoying their unreasonable warm springs! Know that the frozen chosen up here are very jealous of the sunny days, sun dress weather, and all things great that gets rolled into summer.

Hasta la Proxima Vez

No comments:

Post a Comment